- For our readers who are unfamiliar with your story, would you share how you became quadriplegic?
- When you first discovered that you would never use your arms and legs again, what went through your mind and how did you cope with this reality?
- Which passages of Scripture have given you encouragement during your struggles with disability and cancer?
- How important is it for a person with a disability to have the support of his or her family and church during such times?
- How would you encourage someone who has recently been diagnosed with a permanent illness or disability?
- What is the best way to help nondisabled people view disabled people as more than just the sum of their disabilities?
- Your most recent book is A Place of Healing: Wrestling with the Mysteries of Suffering, Pain, and God’ s Sovereignty. Can you tell us why you wrote this book?
- How doe's Joni and Friends International Disability Center impact the world today?
Joni gave a message at the 2005 Desiring God National Conference titled "Suffering for the Sake Of." She also has a chapter in the book based on the conference (Suffering and the Sovereignty of God) titled "Hope . . . the Best of Things." The book is available free online at Desiring God.