Friday, May 1, 2009

Nine things with which Michael Patton struggles

Michael Patton at Parchment and Pen shares nine things with which he struggles:
  1. I am judgmental about not being judgmental.
  2. I am compulsive in everything.
  3. No matter how many times the Lord comes through, I am always anticipating the worst.
  4. I talk down to my wife and it is a habit that is so hard to break.
  5. My back is always hurt these days.
  6. I am a people pleaser.
  7. I, so often, want to run off and hide from my responsibilities.
  8. I feel so inadequate to deal with people emotionally.
  9. I cannot fix people’s problems and I don’t know how to handle it (see #7).

Read his additional comments for each struggle here.

Michael is not alone in his struggles. May God by his Word and Spirit make us sensitive to our own struggles. Furthermore, may God be glorified in and through us, and may we be satisfied in all that he promises to be for us in Jesus, even through our struggles.

No comments: