Sunday, June 5, 2011

The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance

Daily Light Devotions - June 2 - Evening

The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance ...

The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. 1

and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. 2

So let no one boast in men. For all things are yours, 3

My beloved is mine, and I am his; he grazes among the lilies. 4

For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 5

And the LORD said to Aaron, "You shall have no inheritance in their land, neither shall you have any portion among them. I am your portion and your inheritance among the people of Israel. 6

Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 7

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 8

which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. 9

A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 10
______________

1 Psa 16:5;
2 Rom 8:17;
3 1 Cor 3:21;
4 Sol 2:16;
5 Gal 2:20;
6 Num 18:20;
7 Psa 73:25,26;
8 Psa 23:4;
9 2 Tim 1:12;
10 Psa 63:1

No comments: