Monday, June 6, 2011

They ought always to pray and not lose heart

Daily Light Devotions - June 7 - Morning

Men ought always to pray, and not to faint.

And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. 1

And he said to them, "Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and say to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves, for a friend of mine has arrived on a journey, and I have nothing to set before him'; and he will answer from within, 'Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed. I cannot get up and give you anything'? I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his impudence he will rise and give him whatever he needs. 2

praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 3

Then he said, "Let me go, for the day has broken." But Jacob said, "I will not let you go unless you bless me." Then he said, "Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel, for you have striven with God and with men, and have prevailed." 4

Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. 5

In these days he went out to the mountain to pray, and all night he continued in prayer to God. 6
______________

1 Luke 18:1;
2 Luke 11:5-8;
3 Eph 6:18;
4 Gen 32:26,28;
5 Col 4:2;
6 Luke 6:12

No comments: