Sunday, June 5, 2011

Walk before me, and be thou perfect

Daily Light Devotions - June 3 - Evening

... Walk before me, and be thou perfect.

When Abram was ninety-nine years old the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless, 1

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 2

Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him. 3

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen. 4

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 5

When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. 6
______________

1 Gen 17:1;
2 Phil 3:12-14;
3 Gen 5:24;
4 2 Pet 3:18;
5 2 Cor 3:18;
6 John 17:1,15,23

No comments: