Sunday, June 5, 2011

We are unprofitable servants

Daily Light Devotions - June 5 - Morning

We are unprofitable servants.

So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.'" 1

Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. 2

For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it? 3

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. 4

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. 5

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen. 6

"But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able thus to offer willingly? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you. 7

Enter not into judgment with your servant, for no one living is righteous before you. 8
______________

1 Luke 17:10;
2 Rom 3:27;
3 1 Cor 4:7;
4 Eph 2:8-10;
5 1 Cor 15:10;
6 Rom 11:36;
7 1 Chron 29:14;
8 Psa 143:2

No comments: