Thursday, October 11, 2012

Be not far from me; for trouble is near

Daily Light Devotions - October 11 - Morning

Be not far from me; for trouble is near.

Be not far from me, for trouble is near, and there is none to help. 1 

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me? 2 

Hide not your face from me. Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help. Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation! 3 

When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. 4 

The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them. 5 

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 6 

teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." 7 

To the choirmaster. Of the Sons of Korah. According to Alamoth. A Song. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 8 

To the choirmaster: according to Jeduthun. A Psalm of David. For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation. For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. 9
______________ 

1. Psa 22:11; 
2. Psa 13:1,2; 
3. Psa 27:9; 
4. Psa 91:15; 
5. Psa 145:18,19; 
6. John 14:18; 
7. Matt 28:20; 
8. Psa 46:1; 
9. Psa 62:1,5

No comments: