Saturday, October 13, 2012

Thy words were heard

Daily Light Devotions - October 13 - Morning

... Thy words were heard.

Then he said to me, "Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words. 1

For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite. 2 

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. 3 

For though the LORD is high, he regards the lowly, but the haughty he knows from afar. 4 

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 5

But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 6 

For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you. Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer; listen to my plea for grace. In the day of my trouble I call upon you, for you answer me. 7 
______________ 

1. Dan 10:12; 
2. Isa 57:15; 
3. Psa 51:17; 
4. Psa 138:6; 
5. 1 Pet 5:6; 
6. James 4:6,7; 
7. Psa 86:5-7

No comments: