Friday, October 5, 2012

Call upon me in the day of trouble

Daily Light Devotions - October 5 - Morning

Call upon me in the day of trouble ...

and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me." 1 

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. 2 

O LORD, you hear the desire of the afflicted; you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear 3 

For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you. 4 

So Jacob said to his household and to all who were with him, "Put away the foreign gods that are among you and purify yourselves and change your garments. Then let us arise and go up to Bethel, so that I may make there an altar to the God who answers me in the day of my distress and has been with me wherever I have gone." 5 

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, 6 

I love the LORD, because he has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live. The snares of death encompassed me; the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me; I suffered distress and anguish. Then I called on the name of the LORD: "O LORD, I pray, deliver my soul!" 7 
______________ 

1. Psa 50:15; 
2. Psa 42:11; 
3. Psa 10:17; 
4. Psa 86:5; 
5. Gen 35:2,3; 
6. Psa 103:2; 
7. Psa 116:1-4

No comments: