Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The whole family in heaven and earth

Daily Light Devotions - October 10 - Morning

The whole family in heaven and earth.

from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 1 

one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. 2 

for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. 3 

as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, 4 

For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers, 5 

and stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother." 6 

Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" 7 

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. They cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?" Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been. 8 

since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect. 9
______________ 

1. Eph 3:15; 
2. Eph 4:6; 
3. Gal 3:26; 
4. Eph 1:10; 
5. Heb 2:11; 
6. Matt 12:49,50; 
7. John 20:17; 
8. Rev 6:9-11; 
9. Heb 11:40

No comments: