Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Our Father which art in heaven

Daily Light Devotions - October 10 - Evening

... Our Father which art in heaven.

Pray then like this: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. 1 

When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, 2 

Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" 3 

for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. 4 

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 5 

And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God. 6 

In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. 7 

Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty." 8 
______________ 

1. Matt 6:9; 
2. John 17:1; 
3. John 20:17; 
4. Gal 3:26; 
5. Rom 8:15,16; 
6. Gal 4:6,7; 
7. John 16:23,24; 
8. 2 Cor 6:17,18

No comments: