Monday, October 8, 2012

I will not fear what man shall do unto me

Daily Light Devotions - October 8 - Morning

I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?" 1 

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 2 

"I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have nothing more that they can do. But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him! 3 

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. 4 

But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. 5 

I will also speak of your testimonies before kings and shall not be put to shame, 6 
______________ 

1. Heb 13:6; 
2. Rom 8:35,37; 
3. Luke 12:4,5; 
4. Matt 5:10-12; 
5. Acts 20:24; 
6. Psa 119:46

No comments: