Sunday, October 7, 2012

Let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever

Daily Light Devotions - October 7 - Evening

Let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever.

Now therefore may it please you to bless the house of your servant, so that it may continue forever before you. For you, O Lord GOD, have spoken, and with your blessing shall the house of your servant be blessed forever." 1 

Now you have been pleased to bless the house of your servant, that it may continue forever before you, for it is you, O LORD, who have blessed, and it is blessed forever." 2 

The blessing of the LORD makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it. 3 

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" 4 

But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just." 5 

Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' 6 

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. Blessed is the one who considers the poor! In the day of trouble the LORD delivers him; 7 

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. 8 
______________ 

1. 2 Sam 7:29; 
2. 1 Chron 17:27; 
3. Prov 10:22; 
4. Acts 20:35; 
5. Luke 14:13,14; 
6. Matt 25:34-36; 
7. Psa 41:1; 
8. Psa 84:11

No comments: