Monday, October 15, 2012

God is my defence

Daily Light Devotions - October 15 - Morning

God is my defence.

O my Strength, I will watch for you, for you, O God, are my fortress. 1 

He said, "The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. 2 

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. 3 

So they shall fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun; for he will come like a rushing stream, which the wind of the LORD drives. 4 

So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?" 5 

Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 6 

As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people, from this time forth and forevermore. 7 

for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. 8 

For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me; 9
______________ 

1. Psa 59:9; 
2. 2 Sa 22:2,3; 
3. Psa 28:7; 
4. Isa 59:19; 
5. Heb 13:6; 
6. Psa 27:1; 
7. Psa 125:2; 
8. Psa 63:7; 
9. Psa 31:3

No comments: