Sunday, October 7, 2012

The meek will he teach his way

Daily Light Devotions - October 7 - Morning

The meek will he teach his way.

He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way. 1 

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. 2 

Again I saw that under the sun the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the intelligent, nor favor to those with knowledge, but time and chance happen to them all. 3

The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps. 4 

A Song of Ascents. To you I lift up my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens! Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, till he has mercy upon us. 5 

Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. 6 

O our God, will you not execute judgment on them? For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you." 7 

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 8 

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 9
______________ 

1. Psa 25:9; 
2. Matt 5:5; 
3. Eccl 9:11; 
4. Prov 16:9; 
5. Psa 123:1,2; 
6. Psa 143:8; 
7. 2 Chron 20:12; 
8. James 1:5; 
9. John 16:13

No comments: