Friday, February 18, 2011

Adam ... begat a son in his own likeness

Bagster's Daily Light - February 18 - Evening

Adam ... begat a son in his own likeness.

When Adam had lived 130 years, he fathered a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth. 1

Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one. 2

Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. 3

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. 4

For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 5

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned-- For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous. But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many. 6

For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 7

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 8
______________

1 Gen 5:3;
2 Job 14:4;
3 Psa 51:5;
4 Eph 2:1,3;
5 Rom 7:14,15,18;
6 Rom 5:12,19,15;
7 Rom 8:2;
8 1 Cor 15:57

No comments: