Monday, February 28, 2011

Jehovahnissi: The LORD my banner

Bagster's Daily Light - March 1 - Evening

Jehovahnissi: The LORD my banner.

And Moses built an altar and called the name of it, The LORD Is My Banner, 1

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 2

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? 3

You have set up a banner for those who fear you, that they may flee to it from the bow. Selah 4

Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident. 5

Behold, God is with us at our head, and his priests with their battle trumpets to sound the call to battle against you. O sons of Israel, do not fight against the LORD, the God of your fathers, for you cannot succeed." 6

The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah 7

They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful." 8

Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision. 9

Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; speak a word, but it will not stand, for God is with us. 10
______________

1 Exo 17:15;
2 Rom 8:31;
3 Psa 118:6;
4 Psa 60:4;
5 Psa 27:1,3;
6 2 Chron 13:12;
7 Psa 46:7;
8 Rev 17:14;
9 Psa 2:1,4;
10 Isa 8:10

No comments: