Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We that are in this tabernacle do groan

Bagster's Daily Light - February 16 - Evening

We that are in this tabernacle do groan ...

For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened--not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 1

O Lord, all my longing is before you; my sighing is not hidden from you. For my iniquities have gone over my head; like a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me. 2

Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 3

For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 4

In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 5

since I know that the putting off of my body will be soon, as our Lord Jesus Christ made clear to me. 6

For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." 7
______________

1 2 Cor 5:4;
2 Psa 38:9,4;
3 Rom 7:24;
4 Rom 8:22,23;
5 1 Pet 1:6;
6 2 Pet 1:14;
7 1 Cor 15:53,54

No comments: