Monday, February 14, 2011

Who can say, "I have made my heart clean?"

Bagster's Daily Light - February 15 - Morning

Who can say, I have made my heart clean?

Who can say, "I have made my heart pure; I am clean from my sin"? 1

The LORD looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God. They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one. 2

Those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 3

For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 4

We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away. 5

But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 6

that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. 7

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 8
______________

1 Pro 20:9;
2 Psa 14:2,3;
3 Rom 8:8;
4 Rom 7:18,19;
5 Isa 64:6;
6 Gal 3:22;
7 2 Cor 5:19;
8 1 John 1:8,9

No comments: