Tuesday, February 8, 2011

But I have called you friends

Bagster's Daily Light - February 8 - Morning

... But I have called you friends.

No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. 1

The LORD said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do, 2

And he answered them, "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 3

these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. 4

Blessed is the one you choose and bring near, to dwell in your courts! We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house, the holiness of your temple! 5

The friendship of the LORD is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant. 6

For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. 7

You are my friends if you do what I command you. 8
______________

1 John 15:15;
2 Gen 18:17;
3 Matt 13:11;
4 1 Cor 2:10,7;
5 Psa 65:4;
6 Psa 25:14;
7 John 17:8;
8 John 15:14

No comments: