Saturday, February 12, 2011

Thy word hath quickened me

Bagster's Daily Light - February 13 - Evening

Thy word hath quickened me.

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. 1

Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 2

For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 3

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" 4

In him was life, and the life was the light of men. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. 5

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. 6

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 7
______________

1 Psa 119:50;
2 1 Cor 15:45;
3 John 5:26;
4 John 11:25,26;
5 John 1:4,12,13;
6 John 6:63;
7 Heb 4:12

No comments: