Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I will yet for this be enquired of

Bagster's Daily Light - February 24 - Morning

... I will yet for this be enquired of.

"Thus says the Lord GOD: This also I will let the house of Israel ask me to do for them: to increase their people like a flock. 1

You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. 2

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 3

And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him. 4

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 5

I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. 6

And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. 7

The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry. When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. 8

In that day you will ask in my name, and I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf; for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. 9
______________

1 Ezek 36:37;
2 James 4:2;
3 Matt 7:7,8;
4 1 John 5:14,15;
5 James 1:5;
6 Psa 81:10;
7 Luke 18:1;
8 Psa 34:15,17;
9 John 16:26,27,24

No comments: