Friday, February 18, 2011

Thou art my hope in the day of evil

Bagster's Daily Light - February 18 - Morning

Thou art my hope in the day of evil.

Be not a terror to me; you are my refuge in the day of disaster. 1

There are many who say, "Who will show us some good? Lift up the light of your face upon us, O LORD!" 2

But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress. 3

As for me, I said in my prosperity, "I shall never be moved." To you, O LORD, I cry, and to the Lord I plead for mercy: "What profit is there in my death, if I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it tell of your faithfulness? Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me! O LORD, be my helper!" 4

For a brief moment I deserted you, but with great compassion I will gather you. In overflowing anger for a moment I hid my face from you, but with everlasting love I will have compassion on you," says the LORD, your Redeemer. 5

Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy. 6

For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. 7
______________

1 Jer 17:17;
2 Psa 4:6;
3 Psa 59:16;
4 Psa 30:6,8-10;
5 Isa 54:7,8;
6 John 16:20;
7 Psa 30:5

No comments: