Sunday, February 13, 2011

I am thy part and thy inheritance

Bagster's Daily Light - February 14 - Evening

I am thy part and thy inheritance.

And the LORD said to Aaron, "You shall have no inheritance in their land, neither shall you have any portion among them. I am your portion and your inheritance among the people of Israel. 1

Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 2

The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. 3

"The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." 4

Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart. 5

A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. 6

My beloved is mine, and I am his; he grazes among the lilies. 7
______________

1 Num 18:20;
2 Psa 73:25,26;
3 Psa 16:5,6;
4 Lam 3:24;
5 Psa 119:111;
6 Psa 63:1,7;
7 Sol 2:16

No comments: