Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The night cometh, when no man can work

Bagster's Daily Light - February 9 - Evening

The night cometh, when no man can work.

We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. 1

And I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Blessed indeed," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!" 2

There the wicked cease from troubling, and there the weary are at rest. 3

Then Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?" Saul answered, "I am in great distress, for the Philistines are warring against me, and God has turned away from me and answers me no more, either by prophets or by dreams. Therefore I have summoned you to tell me what I shall do." 4

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going. 5

The dead do not praise the LORD, nor do any who go down into silence. 6

For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. 7

So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his. 8
______________

1 John 9:4;
2 Rev 14:13;
3 Job 3:17;
4 1 Sa 28:15;
5 Ecc 9:10;
6 Psa 115:17;
7 2 Tim 4:6-8;
8 Heb 4:9,10

No comments: