Friday, June 15, 2012

Abide in me, and I in you


Daily Light Devotions - June 13 - Morning


Abide in me, and I in you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.  1

For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God.  2

For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.  Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?  Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin. 3

But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 4

if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister. 5

And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming.  whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked. 6
______________

1. John 15:4;
2 Gal 2:20;
3 Rom 7:18,24,25;
4 Rom 8:10;
5 Col 1:23;
6 1 John 2:28,6

No comments: