Monday, June 25, 2012

When he shall appear, we shall be like him


Daily Light Devotions - June 25 - Morning


When he shall appear, we shall be like him ...

Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. 1

But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,  2

by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.  3

From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him. 4

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. 5

But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,  who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself. 6

As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness. 7
______________

1. 1 John 3:2;
2. John 1:12;
3. 2 Pet 1:4;
4. Isa 64:4;
5. 1 Cor 13:12;
6. Phil 3:20,21;
7. Psa 17:15

No comments: