Sunday, June 24, 2012

Master, where dwellest thou?


Daily Light Devotions - June 24 - Evening


Master, where dwellest thou?

Jesus turned and saw them following and said to them, "What are you seeking?" And they said to him, "Rabbi" (which means Teacher), "where are you staying?"  He said to them, "Come and you will see." So they came and saw where he was staying, and they stayed with him that day, for it was about the tenth hour.  1

In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.  2

The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.  3

For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite. 4

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.  5

teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." 6

How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. 7
______________

1. John 1:38,39;
2. John 14:2,3;
3. Rev 3:21;
4. Isa 57:15;
5. Rev 3:20;
6. Matt 28:20;
7. Psa 36:7

No comments: