Thursday, June 21, 2012

I sought him, but I could not find him


Daily Light Devotions - June 21 - Evening


I sought him, but I could not find him ...

I opened to my beloved, but my beloved had turned and gone. My soul failed me when he spoke. I sought him, but found him not; I called him, but he gave no answer. 1

O Lord, what can I say, when Israel has turned their backs before their enemies! The LORD said to Joshua, "Get up! Why have you fallen on your face? Israel has sinned; they have transgressed my covenant that I commanded them; they have taken some of the devoted things; they have stolen and lied and put them among their own belongings.  2

Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear; but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear. 3

If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. 4

Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.  5
______________

1. Song of Solomon 5:6;
2. Josh 7:8,10,11;
3. Isa 59:1,2;
4. Psa 66:18;
5. 1 John 3:21,22

No comments: