Friday, June 22, 2012

Behold how he loved


Daily Light Devotions - June 22 - Evening


Behold how he loved.

So the Jews said, "See how he loved him!"  1

and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised. 2

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.  3

Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. 4

In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.  5

Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.  6

Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.  7

We love because he first loved us. 8

For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died;  and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised. 9

If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.  10
______________

1. John 11:36;
2. 2 Cor 5:15;
3. John 15:13;
4. Heb 7:25;
5. John 14:2,3;
6. John 17:24;
7. John 13:1;
8. 1 John 4:19;
9. 2 Cor 5:14,15;
10. John 15:10

No comments: