Wednesday, June 20, 2012

You search out my path and my lying down


Daily Light Devotions - June 20 - Evening


You search out my path and my lying down.

You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. 1

Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, "Surely the LORD is in this place, and I did not know it."  And he was afraid and said, "How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven." 2

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him. You have done foolishly in this, for from now on you will have wars."  3

In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. 4

Because you have made the LORD your dwelling place-- the Most High, who is my refuge-- no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. 5

If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. 6

It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep. 7
______________

1. Psalm 139:3;
2. Gen 28:16,17;
3. 2 Chron 16:9;
4. Psalm 4:8;
5. Psalm 91:9-11;
6. Prov 3:24;
7. Psalm 127:2

No comments: