Friday, June 15, 2012

The secret things belong unto the Lord our God


Daily Light Devotions - June 15 - Morning


The secret things belong unto the Lord our God ...

"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. 1

A Song of Ascents. Of David.  O LORD, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me. 2

The friendship of the LORD is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant. 3

but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and he has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will be in the latter days. Your dream and the visions of your head as you lay in bed are these: 4

Behold, these are but the outskirts of his ways, and how small a whisper do we hear of him! But the thunder of his power who can understand?" 5

No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.  6

"If you love me, you will keep my commandments.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,  even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. 7
______________

1 Deut 29:29;
2 Psalm 131:1,2;
3 Psalm 25:14;
4 Dan 2:28;
5 Job 26:14;
6. John 15:15;
7. John 14:15-17

No comments: