Friday, June 15, 2012

Dost thou believe on the Son of God?


Daily Light Devotions - June 13 - Evening


Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

Jesus heard that they had cast him out, and having found him he said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?"  He answered, "And who is he, sir, that I may believe in him?"  1

He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,  2

which he will display at the proper time--he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,  who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen. 3

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." 4

He said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped him. 5

which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.  6

For it stands in Scripture: "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame." So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, "The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone," 7
______________

1. John 9:35,36;
2 Heb 1:3;
3 1Tim 6:15,16;
4 Rev 1:8;
5 John 9:38;
6 2 Tim 1:12;
7 1 Pet 2:6,7

No comments: