Monday, June 25, 2012

The man that is my fellow, saith the LORD


Daily Light Devotions - June 25 -  Evening


The man that is my fellow, saith the LORD.

"Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, against the man who stands next to me," declares the LORD of hosts. "Strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered; I will turn my hand against the little ones. 1

For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,  2

Of old you spoke in a vision to your godly one, and said: "I have granted help to one who is mighty; I have exalted one chosen from the people. 3

"I have trodden the winepress alone, and from the peoples no one was with me; I trod them in my anger and trampled them in my wrath; their lifeblood spattered on my garments, and stained all my apparel. 4

Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory. 5

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 6

He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,  But of the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him." 7

On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. 8
______________

1. Zec 13:7;
2. Col 2:9;
3. Psa 89:19;
4. Isa 63:3;
5. 1 Tim 3:16;
6. Isa 9:6;
7. Heb 1:3,8,6;
8. Rev 19:16

No comments: