Thursday, June 28, 2012

I know that my Redeemer liveth

Daily Light Devotions - June 28 - Morning

I know that my Redeemer liveth.

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. 1

For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.  2

but he holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues forever.  Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. 3

Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.  4

If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied. But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.  5

"And a Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who turn from transgression," declares the LORD. 6

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,  7

knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold,  but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.  8
______________

1. Job 19:25;
2. Rom 5:10;
3. Heb 7:24,25;
4. John 14:19;
5. 1Co 15:19,20;
6. Isa 59:20;
7. Eph 1:7;
8. 1 Pet 1:18,19

No comments: