Sunday, June 24, 2012

The ark of the covenant ... went before them


Daily Light Devotions - June 24 - Morning


The ark of the covenant ... went before them.

So they set out from the mount of the LORD three days' journey. And the ark of the covenant of the LORD went before them three days' journey, to seek out a resting place for them.  1

My times are in your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors! 2

He chose our heritage for us, the pride of Jacob whom he loves. Selah 3

Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies; make your way straight before me. 4

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. 5

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. 6

And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.  7

A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. 8

As a father shows compassion to his children, so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him. For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust. 9

For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.  10

casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.  11
______________

1. Num 10:33;
2. Psa 31:15;
3. Psa 47:4;
4. Psa 5:8;
5. Psa 37:5;
6. Prov 3:6;
7. Isa 30:21;
8. Psa 23:1,2;
9. Psa 103:13,14;
10. Matt 6:32;
11. 1 Peter 5:7

No comments: