Saturday, June 23, 2012

Shall I not seek rest for thee?


Daily Light Devotions - June 23 - Evening


Shall I not seek rest for thee?

Then Naomi her mother-in-law said to her, "My daughter, should I not seek rest for you, that it may be well with you?  1

So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 2

My people will abide in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places. 3

There the wicked cease from troubling, and there the weary are at rest. 4

And I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Blessed indeed," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!" 5

where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. 6

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." 7

For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, "In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength." But you were unwilling, 8

A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. 9
______________

1. Ruth 3:1;
2. Heb 4:9;
3. Isa 32:18;
4. Job 3:17;
5. Rev 14:13;
6. Heb 6:20;
7. Matt 11:28-30;
8. Isa 30:15;
9. Psa 23:1,2

No comments: