Friday, June 15, 2012

Behold, I make all things new


Daily Light Devotions - June 11 - Evening


Behold, I make all things new.

And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." 1

Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." 2

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 3

And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.  4

Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 5

and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness. 6

The nations shall see your righteousness, and all the kings your glory, and you shall be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will give. 7

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind. 8

Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,  9
______________

1 Rev 21:5;
2. John 3:3;
3 2 Cor 5:17;
4 Ezek 36:26;
5 1Cor 5:7;
6 Eph 4:24;
7 Isa 62:2;
8 Isa 65:17;
9 2 Pet 3:11

No comments: