Monday, June 18, 2012

Faith as a grain of mustard seed


Daily Light Devotions - June 18 - Evening


Faith as a grain of mustard seed.

He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." 1

Barak said to her, "If you will go with me, I will go, but if you will not go with me, I will not go." So on that day God subdued Jabin the king of Canaan before the people of Israel.  2

So Gideon took ten men of his servants and did as the LORD had told him. But because he was too afraid of his family and the men of the town to do it by day, he did it by night. Then Gideon said to God, "If you will save Israel by my hand, as you have said,  Then Gideon said to God, "Let not your anger burn against me; let me speak just once more. Please let me test just once more with the fleece. Please let it be dry on the fleece only, and on all the ground let there be dew."  And God did so that night; and it was dry on the fleece only, and on all the ground there was dew. 3

"'I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.  4

For whoever has despised the day of small things shall rejoice, and shall see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel. "These seven are the eyes of the LORD, which range through the whole earth."  5

We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers, as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing.  6

The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!"  7

I will be like the dew to Israel; he shall blossom like the lily; he shall take root like the trees of Lebanon; his shoots shall spread out; his beauty shall be like the olive, and his fragrance like Lebanon. 8
______________

1 Matt 17:20;
2 Judges 4:8,23;
3 Judges 6:27,36,39,40;
4 Rev 3:8;
5 Zech 4:10;
6 2 Thess 1:3;
7 Luke 17:5;
8 Hos 14:5,6

No comments: