Thursday, June 28, 2012

In the latter times some shall depart

Daily Light Devotions - June 28 - Evening

... In the latter times some shall depart ...

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,  1

Take care then how you hear, for to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he thinks that he has will be taken away." 2

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.  3

In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;  4

Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble. How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I have more understanding than all my teachers, for your testimonies are my meditation. 5

And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.  6

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.  7
______________

1. 1 Tim 4:1;
2. Luke 8:18;
3. Col 3:16;
4. Eph 6:16;
5. Psa 119:165,103,104,105,99;
6. 2 Cor 11:14;
7. Gal 1:8

No comments: