Friday, June 29, 2012

His commandments are not grievous

Daily Light Devotions - June 29 - Morning

His commandments are not grievous.

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. 1 

For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day." 2 

and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. 3 

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." 4 

"If you love me, you will keep my commandments. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him." 5 

Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. 6 

Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble. 7 

For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 8 

And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us. 9 

Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. 10 

______________ 

1. 1 John 5:3; 
2. John 6:40; 
3. 1 John 3:22; 
4, Matt 11:30; 
5. John 14:15,21; 
6. Prov 3:13,17; 
7. Psa 119:165; 
8. Rom 7:22; 
9. 1 John 3:23; 
10. Rom 13:10

No comments: