Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed


Daily Light Devotions - June 26 - Morning


Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed ...

Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, "Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!" And God granted what he asked.  1

The blessing of the LORD makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it. 2

When he is quiet, who can condemn? When he hides his face, who can behold him, whether it be a nation or a man?-- 3

Salvation belongs to the LORD; your blessing be on your people! Selah 4

Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind! 5

I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.  6

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 7

The LORD redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned. 8
______________

1. 1 Ch 4:10;
2. Prov 10:22;
3. Job 34:29;
4. Psa 3:8;
5. Psa 31:19;
6. John 17:15;
7. Mat 7:7,8;
8. Psa 34:22

No comments: