Saturday, June 30, 2012

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten

Daily Light Devotions - June 30 - Morning

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.

Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. 1 

And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives." 2 

for the LORD reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights. 3

For he wounds, but he binds up; he shatters, but his hands heal. 4 

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 5 

Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction. 6 

for he does not afflict from his heart or grieve the children of men. 7 

He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us. As a father shows compassion to his children, so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him. For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust. 8
______________

1. Rev 3:19; 
2. Heb 12:5,6; 
3. Prov 3:12; 
4. Job 5:18; 
5. 1 Pet 5:6; 
6. Isa 48:10; 
7. Lam 3:33; 
8. Psa 103:10-14

No comments: