Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hold that fast which thou hast


Daily Light Devotions - June 16 - Evening


Hold that fast which thou hast ...

I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown.  1

for she said to herself, "If I only touch his garment, I will be made well." 2

And behold, a leper came to him and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, if you will, you can make me clean."  And Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him, saying, "I will; be clean." And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.  3

He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." 4

Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.  5

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,  for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. 6

The earth produces by itself, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. 7

Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD; his going out is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth." 8

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force.  9

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  10

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. 11
______________

1 Rev 3:11;
2 Matt 9:21;
3 Matt 8:2,3;
4 Matt 17:20;
5 Heb 10:35;
6 Phil 2:12,13;
7 Mark 4:28;
8 Hos 6:3;
9 Matt 11:12;
10 1 Cor 9:24;
11 2 Tim 4:7,8

No comments: