Sunday, August 12, 2012

God hath chosen the weak things of the world

Daily Light Devotions - August 12 - Evening

God hath chosen the weak things of the world ...

But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 1 

Then the people of Israel cried out to the LORD, and the LORD raised up for them a deliverer, Ehud, the son of Gera, the Benjaminite, a left-handed man. The people of Israel sent tribute by him to Eglon the king of Moab. After him was Shamgar the son of Anath, who killed 600 of the Philistines with an oxgoad, and he also saved Israel. 2 

And the LORD turned to him and said, "Go in this might of yours and save Israel from the hand of Midian; do not I send you?" And he said to him, "Please, Lord, how can I save Israel? Behold, my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house." 3 

The LORD said to Gideon, "The people with you are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hand, lest Israel boast over me, saying, 'My own hand has saved me.' 4 

Then he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts. 5 

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 6 
______________ 

1. 1 Cor 1:27; 
2. Judg 3:15,31; 
3. Judg 6:14,15; 
4. Judg 7:2; 
5. Zech 4:6; 
6. Eph 6:10

No comments: