Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep

Bagster's Daily Light - August 29 - Evening

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep ...

In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. 1 

You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. 2 

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! 3 

He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand. 4 

Let me dwell in your tent forever! Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings! Selah 5 

even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. 6 

He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 7 

and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's. 8 

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation." 9 
______________ 

1. Psa 4:8; 
2. Psa 91:5,4; 
3. Matt 23:37; 
4. Psa 121:3-5; 
5. Psa 61:4; 
6. Psa 139:12; 
7. Rom 8:32; 
8. 1 Cor 3:23; 
9. Isa 12:2

No comments: