Thursday, August 23, 2012

I have loved thee with an everlasting love

Daily Light Devotions - August 23 - Morning

I have loved thee with an everlasting love.

the LORD appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. 1 

But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 

who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, 3 

Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. 4 

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 5 

In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 6 
______________ 

1. Jer 31:3; 
2. 2 Thess 2:13,14; 
3. 2 Tim 1:9; 
4. Psa 139:16; 
5. John 3:16; 
6. 1 John 4:10

No comments: