Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thou art my portion, O LORD

Daily Light Devotions - August 21 - Morning

Thou art my portion, O LORD.

The LORD is my portion; I promise to keep your words. 1 

So let no one boast in men. For all things are yours, and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's. 2 

waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. 3 

And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, 4 

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. 5 

My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the humble hear and be glad. 6 

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 7 

Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 8 

I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you." The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. 9 
______________ 

1. Psa 119:57; 
2. 1 Cor 3:21,23; 
3. Tit 2:13,14; 
4. Eph 1:22; 
5. Eph 5:25,27; 
6. Psa 34:2; 
7. Isa 61:10; 
8. Psa 73:25,26; 
9. Psa 16:2,5,6

No comments: