Friday, August 31, 2012

Occupy till I come

Bagster's Daily Light - August 31 - Evening

Occupy till I come.

Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, 'Engage in business until I come.' 1 

It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. 2 

To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 3 

We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. 4 

And he said to them, "Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?" 5 

For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. 6 

preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 7 

each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 8 

Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. 9 
______________ 

1. Luke 19:13; 
2. Mark 13:34; 
3. Matt 25:15; 
4. John 9:4; 
5. Luke 2:49; 
6. 1 Pet 2:21; 
7. 2 Tim 4:2; 
8. 1 Cor 3:13; 
9. 1 Cor 15:58

No comments: