Friday, August 24, 2012

I must work the works of him that sent me

Daily Light Devotions -  August 24 - Evening

I must work the works of him that sent me ...

We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. 1 

The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied. 2 

Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. 3 

Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work. Do you not say, 'There are yet four months, then comes the harvest'? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest. Already the one who reaps is receiving wages and gathering fruit for eternal life, so that sower and reaper may rejoice together. 4 

"For the kingdom of heaven is like a master of a house who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. After agreeing with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 5 

preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 6 

Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, 'Engage in business until I come.' 7 

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. 8
______________ 

1. John 9:4; 
2. Prov 13:4; 
3. Prov 11:25; 
4. John 4:34-36; 
5. Matt 20:1,2; 
6. 2 Tim 4:2; 
7. Luke 19:13; 
8. 1 Cor 15:10

No comments: